Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Describing Myself as of 2016 (Baseline)

Distinction. 
Professionally, I am a Senior Project Manager for the Global Fidelity Information Services. In the past 30 years, I led efforts resulting in increased productivity of more than 20 percent. In my current role, I work with dozens of professionals and banks coordinating all product and service agreements, leading implementations and teams. A frequent speaker, I also present “Leadership from the Inside Out” seminars to area companies and international organizations. In 2013 I was presented an Ambassador at Large post through the Women’s Advancement in Africa organization. I have written several children’s books and commissioned a play from one of them.
In 2010, 2011, 2014 I was presented the Creative Child Preference Choice Award, Best Green Product Award, Best Vacation Children Products Award and the Seal of Excellence Award. In 2013 I was presented the Media of the Year Award and Region H Governors Choice Award “planting seeds growing STEMS.”  I am the author of a professional book WIN BY LEADING, several children's books Bug’s Adventure Series®, Nate the Dragon®, (there is a play too), Candice and Jimmy Find their Rainbow®, and Floyd the Fire Truck Series®.   

I am a member and chair of the UWW Enactus board, section representative alternate of Society of Women Engineers, and MESA International. 

Away from the office I serve as Assistant Director of DC Fashion Week in Washington D.C.  I'm cooking up ideas for my first Fashion Line.




I am a yogi and runner; I love to challenge myself.  I have
run 9 marathons (2 Chicago, 2 Madison, 2 Detroit, 2 Disney and Minnesota), 92 half marathons in 48 states and other organized Ironman sprints.  

I am a wife and mom, which is my most important role in life!

What do you hope to accomplish over the next 10 years? 
  • Run 50 half marathons in 50 states and 100 lifetime half marathons.
  • be an ironman.
  • Am a Practice Manager at my Company.
  • Live a place WARM for the winter months.
  • Exhibit my Art in an Art Show in Chicago.
  • Complete my Doctorate in Organizational Leadership.
  • Build my net worth.
  • Meet Barbara Stanny as a coach.

Describe yourself in one word.
Bold

Do you have a mantra?
Reach, stretch and grow

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Any regrets?
Less hard on myself. Regrets? Wish I was strong enough to realize how smart I am, back at 17. 

How would you like to be remembered? 
Amazing Spirit.

Any bad habit’s? 
Too hard on myself.

What person do you admire most? 
Albert Einstein.

How do you indulge yourself? 
chilling (Relaxing)

Fill in the blank…I wish I could… 
Have lots and lots of friends, who care, truly care.

What drives you to succeed? 
Compete with myself.

If your house were on fire, what one thing would you save? 
Self and husband.

What has been your most surreal, “pinch-me-I’m-dreaming” moment so far? 
Standing on the stage of my first PLAY, written based on my kids book Nate the Dragon.

People would be surprised to learn that….
In high school I was an aspiring seamstress and fashion designer.

What is your biggest fault? 
Too Bold!

What has been your most spectacular failure? 
Not going all in.

What’s next for you? 
Destiny is full of surprises. Live somewhere warm for winter months, my art exhibit, host annual dinner, my novel and design a fashion line.

No comments: