Thursday, August 4, 2016

Written Dialogue with Myself...

The birds are up.

“The early bird gets the worm;” that’s what they say anyway.

'I DO get up early.'

Suffice it to say, that these days I am efficiently moving in the direction of change. It’s time to realize you are changing all of the time. It’s important to keep communicating this.

I run into an old friend.

I have not talked to or seen this person for years,.

As run into them, I redirect my dialogue to right now.

That’s right, “right now.” The past is the past, a funny story I create for myself.

'I'm good at telling stories!'


Realigning my conversation so the words are not the past perceptions; it is an important craft.

Trying for consistency, that matters.

Focus on the minute, the details. See that person's eyes. Notice the color of their hair.

See their posture, how they fold their arms over their chest or twiddle their fingers.


I consider this for a moment.

Be there with the person!

Really experience the rolling conversation.

Be in it.

Now that's what I'm talking about, THAT experience.

You know the one.

No comments: