Monday, November 7, 2016

New York Marathon #crazyrunninggal

It was exciting to be in New York City. 
I was mentally prepared for the second marathon of the year.
During this run, my goal was to focus on my mental capacity. It worked well, more focus.  Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.
The first evening and day in New York, we walked the city streets, broadway, and 
 
had a glass of wine and contemplated our upcoming weekend events.

The next morning we walked through Central Park, which was also the last few miles of the marathon course.  This was very helpful indeed, for the NY marathon. Then off to Times Square where Dana was interviewed by a Japanese news station about Hilary Clinton. She said, "Why not talk about running?" Ha ha ha!
My participating in the New York marathon fulfilled one of my lifetime dreams. (Check ✔️)
The New York marathon what a special treat. There were over 50,000 runners, then they reported 51,000 finished (how did that work?) They reported 152 runners from Wisconsin.

It was a hilly course. I came in within my planned time. Give or take. I ran over 5 bridges and ran in the five boroughs—Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island! We had to walk almost 3 miles after to get out of central park. I received a post race poncho, it seemed to be a popular option because almost every runner was wearing one. 

This was a great experience. Not only did I run the New York marathon for the first time, I was able to share it with my running friends.
This weekend experience was sweet! 
I NY.
My stats:
Overall place: 43855 out of 50,000
50-55 age place: 1496
Gender place: 17086
Time: 05:34:2
Minute per mile: 12:46

No comments: