Saturday, February 4, 2017

IMWI2017 February 2017 - Lessons Learned

Here are my lessons learned this month, I learned that ….
  1. If I keep consistent, I will improve.
  2. I need to keep a dream-journal by my bed, to write down my dreams, write down how I feel in the morning, or write down what I'm thinking when I wake up in the middle of the night.
  3. Sometimes new friends do not give a second chance, and that's okay.
  4. I have an amazing healthy support framework.  One day, I came to swimming, and a friend came up to me, gave me a hug and said, "Kim, we have your back, go for it."  Which means they are supporting me, it's a large community of friends I have had for over 2 decades.
  5. It's okay if I have a slow week, I can't be so hard on myself. Things will come around.
  6. Swimming is the key to success.
  7. I will get stronger running.
  8. Yoga is critical to the training routine, it helps prevent injury. Yoga is added to the weekly workouts.
  9. Tell coach (IMWI) what I'm thinking, my fears, my experiences, she is there to help me and guide me through this.
  10. There are things that are in my control and other things that are outside of my control. I need to keep an eye on these control variables and understand the difference, to help me stay on course, not get in my head, and maintain a sense of strength, courage and consistency. 
  11. There is a power of vulnerability and I must "Fully Embrace it!". 
  12. There is a strong sense of belonging in the Ironman community, stay open to it.
  13. I have an ironman story to tell, and when I share it, people listen.
  14. It's all about me, and it's not about me at all.
  15. Starting to feel healthy and my attitude shows it...
  16. Stay with it.
  17. It's all about the kick.... (swim), focus on it.
  18. Treat each part of the IMWI like it it's one race, complete it, then look to the next part.
  19. Slow training down, at least for right now. My coach says "slow down Kim, I don't want you too train too much too soon and risk getting injured." I guess all of us type "A"'s are like that.
That is all....

No comments: