|After SALTY swim |
in the ocean,
fighting the waves. Tulum Mexico
- Ironman training can be tough, and teaches immensely tough lessons.
- Some people will stick with you and some won't. Keep looking at the end goal. You know where it leads.
- Want to be great at something, OWN YOUR MISTAKE. You need to embrace failure. “The conventional wisdom is that these people overcame their failure to become who they are or are famous despite their failure. The exact opposite is true: these people are famous not despite of their failure, but because of it, and because they embraced it” (Petrone, 2017). What I attribute my failure to be is dropping out of the Ironman Wisconsin in June last year, 2016, because I believed I was not trained enough to do it. Today, I learned to put that expert support structure in place early and that has made an immense impact.
- Burpees Hate You Too! Do them... ;)
- Ironman training can teach you something, stay strong, be in it, listen to your instinct. Sometimes, even with wisdom you will still make mistakes.
- Be careful the drama you create, it may be unnecessary. All one needs to do is stop, breath and possibly even say No.
- Know to focus. Stay the course. Keep with the routine, no matter where you are at and what you are doing.
- Either win or learn.
- Keep it fun! It's a tough road. We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- Do it piecemeal. Note to self…. I don't have to take training all at once, but rather, one step, one breath, one moment at a time.
- Why complicate life... Adjust and readjust as necessary. Things will always come up, remember...
- Missing somebody? train, get on your bike, run, swim.
- Wanna meet up? train, get on your bike, run, swim.
- Wanna be understood? train, get on your bike, run, swim.
- Have question? train, get on your bike, run, swim.
- Don't like something? train, get on your bike, run, swim.
- Want something? train, get on your bike, run, swim.
- Love someone? train, get on your bike, run, swim.
- Take time to look how far you've come. It’s hard to believe a year ago I could barley doggie paddle, never did a flip turn, butterfly or backstroke, never dove off a swim-block and only did “one side” freestyle breathing. I've come along way! #imwisconsin2017 #triathlontraining #trainIntent #triathlete #IMWI2017 #crazyrunninggirl #crazyrunninggal
- Do not get so focused on body image, it's about strength, endurance and consistency.
- You can do this, stay with it. Incremental tasks and if it's a miss, it’s okay, you always have tomorrow!!! 🏊🚴🏻 🏃🏻♀️🙏🏻
- Don’t let anxiety take over. There’s a lot that will come up, stay focused, you know exactly what the end goal is.
- Take time and breath! And breath again.
Stats to date are...
660 total miles to date swim, bike, run/race walk.
147 miles run/race walk
390 miles bike
87 miles or 153120 yards swim
2017 Goals! Swim 36800 yards, Bike 4600 mi, Run 2017 mi. First #IMWI2017! Train wisely, and injury free. Keep swimming, cycling and running.