Sunday, May 21, 2017

Green Bay Half Training run #IMWI2017

Today was my first half marathon for the 2017. 

It was raining and cold.

I kicked it off with the Cellcom Green Bay marathon, my 93rd lifetime half marathon. It was a great training run to benchmark how well I could do. 

I felt good. 

Holding a 9:20-9:25 minute mile pace all the way through until mile 9.


Turns out, my brother was running it. I caught up to him at mile 9 and it looked like he was struggling a bit. So I ran the remainder of the 4 miles with my brother. 

🔨I completed my first 13.1 for 2017 after being out of commission for over 2 years. Yes, a setback that’s for sure. Sure, I ran, but my heart wasn’t in it. I’m back in the game and feeling good. This was my 93rd lifetime half marathon.  I’m not sure how many I ran in the state of Wisconsin, but for sure I ran 48 states, so subtracting 47, it’s somewhere near 46. In the half, I was averaging a 9:20 pace. Then saw my brother at mile 9, struggling a bit. He runs it every year and I either see him before and after the run. But this is the first time I ran with him, literally for about 4 miles. I had to make a couple pit stops, so this is something I have to manage with my age. It was a nice training run! 

Here I am with my 1/3 medal, it's cool 😎 running 🏃🏼 a half marathon at Cellcom Green Bay each year, 2015, 2016 & 2017. Persistence pays off. This year completes a three-year medal series. When you put the three medals together, it forms a picture on the back. 

The 13.1 and 26.2 were the same the past few years except for the distance stamp, so you could run any combination and still get it to fit. I did all three years running a 13.1.


#imaTriathlete #lovemybrother ðŸŠðŸš´ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ» ðŸƒðŸ»‍♀️#IMWI2017 #crazyrunninggal #crazyrunninggirl

No comments: