Tuesday, May 23, 2017

IMWI Lesson learned πŸŠπŸš΄πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️ June 2017 πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️ Morning fix ☕️

Quote for this month: “Do your thing and don't care if they like it.” Tina Fey 

My Ironman Training Motto! I have this posted by my work computer. The motto comes from a quote from John Bytheway — 'Inch by inch, life's a cinch. Yard by yard, life's hard.'

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ IMWI 140.6 TRAINING! Triathlon is a lifestyle, there is no off season.
This month has been amazing. I’m ramping up my workouts and feel stronger. I am starting to see how my personality impacts life. It resonates. 

Ironman training is helping me to discover, even more clearly (crystal clear), who I truly am. 

Here are things I learned this past month...
(Written Early)…
  1. It doesn't matter how old you are you are always learning something. Overcoming my fear of claustrophobic tight wetsuit. Finally got into my wetsuit. another obstacle overcome!! I πŸŠπŸš΄πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️and thanks for my master swim friends for helping me getting the suit off.
  2. Follow your plan. Ignore what anyone else is doing, it’s all about you. Don’t plan your training based on what someone else is doing.
  3. 90% of the people are doing it wrong. Don’t follow other people because you don’t think you are doing enough. 
  4. You are enough, just keep going, step-by-step, stroke-by-stroke and pedal-by-pedal.
  5. Wear reflective wear.
  6. Know the course. Take the time to look at the course map. You need to know what the swim is like. Do you need Mirrored goggles? Is there shade? Are there hills? How are you going to plan your pacing? I rode the bike course here's my post.
  7. Practice open water. Here's my "eye-opener" OWS post.
  8. Still listen to your body. Supercedes any training plan, coach or other. Listen to the bad pain and stop. You want to get to the start line.
  9. Stop overtraining. You do not want to go into the race overtrained. Do shorter and faster early. Endurance later.
  10. Focus on Quality over Quantity. 
  11. Schedule rehearsal days. Practice how you eat. Get up and eat and drink what you do on race day.
  12. You cannot afford to screw up nutrition. When doing the century rides for endurance, don’t stop at the stops. Bring your own fuel.
  13. Pace yourself. Pick a couple of A races, and peak at your race. Focus, don’t worry about everybody else. Focus on you. Let people pass you on the bike.
  14. Stay positive. Race within your means. Learn how to test out your exertion, since I’m not using tools. (65% on bike for Ironman)
  15. Prepare and practice for transition.
  16. Learn to trust yourself. Freedom is more than doing what you want; it’s the ability to trust your gut and to think clearly, without any pressure or outside influence. Being alone helps you form a clear understanding of who you are, what you know, and what’s right for you. It teaches you to trust yourself. 
  17. Mental strength is a choice and a discipline, not an innate quality bestowed upon the lucky. Learn what to  avoid so you can stay strong.

Stats to date are... 
380 miles run/race walk
1208 miles bike
447,040 yards swim

Train wisely, and injury free. Keep swimming, cycling and running.

No comments: