Saturday, June 17, 2017

Grandma's Marathon PR for the year #crazyrunninggal #crazyrunninggirl #IMWI


Stick with it. Give it your all. Keep a good attitude and always be the best you can be right where you are. 

This was my second time running the Grandma's marathon. I ran it last year, it was hot but I enjoyed the course so much that I wanted to run it again. A 26.2 mile run along Lake Superior, breathtaking scenery!!! Especially in the early morning watching the sunrise over the lake. It was my 26.2 mile training run for the Ironman Wisconsin. 

To make it more special, my favorite guy rode his bike along the marathon course to cheer me on and take pictures.  
Securing a marathon personal record (PR) for the year made it a great run. I have been running marathons in 5 hours 35 minutes the past couple years, and this year and I unofficially completed the run in 5:05 hours. A new PR for my marathon runs. My halfway point, 13.1, was 2:10. That was 20 minutes faster, I'm getting stronger. A bit of a headache struck at mile 14 and was worried I would cause more pressure, so started to race-walk the remaining miles. Made it across the finish line, felt good after. Of course 2 chugs of chocolate milk always helps my stomach calm.
I'm 51 and going strong... My Lifetimes, up to 11 marathons (Last Grandma's Duluth, June, 2017). 6 marathons in 6 states (NY, IL, WI, MN, MI, FL).

No comments: