Saturday, July 1, 2017

IMWI Lesson learned for July 2017 ❤️🚴🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️☕ Morning fix....🏃🏻‍♀️

OWS Booth lake - coach helped...
I'm the swimming farther back
5280 yd  01:4334:17 pace
This month has been good to connect with new athletes and get into some trial runs. I continue to ramp up my workouts and am getting more confident. Ironman training is helping me appreciate the time spent with the people I choose to and also gives me insight into the IM athlete willingness to teach others and I pay it forward as I can.

Quote for this month: Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” –Winston Churchill



🍷 Cheers  ðŸ‘€ Here are my lessons learned this month, I learned that ….

  1. Stick with it. Give it your all. Keep a good attitude and always be the best you can be right where you are. 
  2. Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible and keep going back, and try again. For the open water, I struggled overcoming it. Didn't know what it was, so stepped through it and kept going back to the water, first to swim with my favorite guy in a kayak. Then, swim part of the course in Lake Monona with an experienced coach who helped me with sighting. 
  3. I can do this.
  4. Don't apologize, it's not your problem. Be open and stick with it, even if I am the slowest on the bike in the group.
  5. When you are going through hell, keep going (Churchill)
  6. Hydration = power. Rehydrate when you wake up, when you start your workout and drink small sips of water throughout the day. Because hydration is needed for circulation.
  7. Know my strengths. And work on building them.
  8. Know what I accomplished so far. It's been an amazing journey for me since I started this in September last year. I've come a long way and am proud of where I am right now.
  9. Keep my training consistent in all sports. My training routine is good for now, but will adjust it even more in the coming weeks.
  10. My strong suit is the determination and focus. My mental toughness and focus is what will keep me strong. 
  11. I continue to work on my fitness, I added insanity core and strength to my routine.
  12. Confidence is strength. I am very aware when I doubt my ability and let the thought come, but then quickly push the thought away. 
  13. I do not compare myself with other athletes or competitors, I am doing what works for me.
  14. I keep training fun and include those, like my favorite guy and good friends along for the ride.
  15. I never worry about what others think of my race, I'm proud of my accomplishments solely.
  16. I keep my goals simple, achievable, then raise the bar as I reach them.
  17. I continue to focus on preparing for the race: physically, mentally, what I bring and eat.
  18. The biggest thing, is for me to be in the moment, in each sport.
  19. Continue to fuel my confidence about the race.
Stats to date are... 
518.25 miles run/race walk
1591 miles bike
336,160 yards swim

Train wisely, and injury free. Keep swimming, cycling and running.

🏊🚴🏻🙏🏻 🏃🏻‍♀️#cycle #bike #cyclist #running #healthylifestyle 
#crazyrunninggal #crazyrunninggirl 

No comments: