|OWS Booth lake - coach helped...|
I'm the swimming farther back
Quote for this month: “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” –Winston Churchill
🍷 Cheers 👀 Here are my lessons learned this month, I learned that ….
- Stick with it. Give it your all. Keep a good attitude and always be the best you can be right where you are.
- Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible and keep going back, and try again. For the open water, I struggled overcoming it. Didn't know what it was, so stepped through it and kept going back to the water, first to swim with my favorite guy in a kayak. Then, swim part of the course in Lake Monona with an experienced coach who helped me with sighting.
- I can do this.
- Don't apologize, it's not your problem. Be open and stick with it, even if I am the slowest on the bike in the group.
- When you are going through hell, keep going (Churchill)
- Hydration = power. Rehydrate when you wake up, when you start your workout and drink small sips of water throughout the day. Because hydration is needed for circulation.
- Know my strengths. And work on building them.
- Know what I accomplished so far. It's been an amazing journey for me since I started this in September last year. I've come a long way and am proud of where I am right now.
- Keep my training consistent in all sports. My training routine is good for now, but will adjust it even more in the coming weeks.
- My strong suit is the determination and focus. My mental toughness and focus is what will keep me strong.
- I continue to work on my fitness, I added insanity core and strength to my routine.
- Confidence is strength. I am very aware when I doubt my ability and let the thought come, but then quickly push the thought away.
- I do not compare myself with other athletes or competitors, I am doing what works for me.
- I keep training fun and include those, like my favorite guy and good friends along for the ride.
- I never worry about what others think of my race, I'm proud of my accomplishments solely.
- I keep my goals simple, achievable, then raise the bar as I reach them.
- I continue to focus on preparing for the race: physically, mentally, what I bring and eat.
- The biggest thing, is for me to be in the moment, in each sport.
- Continue to fuel my confidence about the race.
Stats to date are...
518.25 miles run/race walk
1591 miles bike
336,160 yards swim
Train wisely, and injury free. Keep swimming, cycling and running.
🏊🚴🏻🙏🏻 🏃🏻♀️#cycle #bike #cyclist #running #healthylifestyle