Saturday, July 8, 2017

Pardeevile Sprint Triathlon

Hurray! Got a personal best record (PR) in this sprint triathlon, with a finish of 1:29.20. Improved in both swim and bike!

Once again, got 4th in Age Group, 2 minutes short of a 3rd place finish. The athlete that seems to get a head of me had a 2 minute faster swim time, and my transition was slower because I tried it without a one-zee.  Will have to go back to the original design that worked.

Improved my swim time by 1:20, making a 9 minute quarter mile PR and the 15 mile bike
I improved my bike, even with the hard pedaling up the hills that were on the course. Took my bike in after the race and found out there reason why it has been so hard for me to pedal up the hills, with no absolute gear change, even after I'd shift gears. Nothing would happen and pedaling up those hills was very tough, I'd pedal and pedal up the hill and it was darn hard. The reason.... I find out the cable broke. So, the bike engineer fixed it on the spot. He threaded it through the tube and all is good to go for the next race.

PR was 47.20. I'll take it! I tried a new two-piece, added some time on my transition one time, so I will go back to my on-zee that seems to work for me.

All is good. Learning a lot and playing while having fun!

Pardeeville Sprint Stats:
1/4-MILE SWIM: 9:00
t1: 2:26
15-MILE BIKE: 47.20
t2: 2:16
5K RUN: 28.20
Finish: 1:29.20 (Personal Best)


🏊🙏🏻❤️🚴🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️☕ #crazyrunninggal #crazyrunninggirl

No comments: