Saturday, August 12, 2017

Lake Country Olympic Triathlon - 3rd Age Group

3rd Age Group & Personal Best on Run!!

This was a beautiful country venue race. They cancelled the 1500 M swim due to algae. I was disappointed because I like the practice. Swim is always my challenge and the more time I get in the Open Water Swim (OWS) Race the better practice for me.

As I got marked, they asked me my age. I thought that was strange, plus I had to think about it, it took me by surprise wasn't expecting that question. I gave them my age. And they marked my age on the back on my leg. That was very unusual, but, it sure did help during the race, to see what position I might be in.

I felt slow on the bike. My time today was 2 minutes slower than my last race, so it wasn't as bad as I thought, averaging 18.5 mph. Had a rough time trying to sleep last night. With little to no hours of shut-eye, I forced my way on my bike on the course. I switched my bike rear cassette gears, so it was good for me to try this. It worked great. The hills were better, I felt stronger on the hills. This will help me on the Ironman Bike course, that is for sure. I will be able to try them out on the course next week during simulation.

I felt strong on my run. I averaged a 8:15 pace for the first two miles. Then slowed to a 9:00-9:20. But, stayed under 10:00 per mile this time around. Good strong run. Came in strong and it showed.

Things I did different this time around: 
1. Didn’t change much up, other than training during the week. Did more regular runs and stayed the pace.
2. Used Pedialyte Electrolyte before run. Worked well.

That’s about it, onward to the next training ride.


Lake Country Olympic Triathlon - 3rd Age Group - Stats
1500 Meter swim (.95 miles): Swim canceled Algae
25 mile bike: 1:21:15 T2: 2:22
10K run: 56:54
Final: 2:20:29

See you at the finish line!

Train wisely, and injury free. Keep swimming, cycling and running.

🏊🚴🏻🙏🏻 ðŸƒðŸ»‍♀️#cycle #bike #cyclist #running #healthylifestyle 


#crazyrunninggal #crazyrunninggirl 

No comments: